Saturday, July 25, 2009

Review on the strawberry spongeballs

My friend Venus left a comment on the last blogpost asking :


Blogger princessvenus said...

Does that strawberry really make nice wavy hair? feel like to try it =)

Photobucket


Those are the strawberry spongeballs that I bought in City Square. RM9 for 6 pieces,
(I think you can purchase it for RM1 per piece on jbtalks)
it's basically a sponge made to shape like a strawberry, but rounder.
Anyway, whatever it's shaped like, maybe an apple/kiwi/durian, it's just used to enhance the kawaii-ness of the product while it's in your hair

Photobucket

The sales girl said that it is best used with wet/semi wet hair and left overnight or blowdried to achive the wavy/curly haired look but warned me not to curl it too tight up my hair or the waves/curls would make me have the "maggi mee hair" effect.

So I tried it out on that night and my opinions on this product is:

it really does give you a natural but sexy wavy curly kinda look when you wake up in the morning (or when your hair is fully dry)
but my hair gets straightened within 2-3 hours. So it doesn't last long unless you find a way to mantain the curls. (hairspray maybe?)

downside of the product is you have to get more than 6 pieces for your hair no matter how thick/thin your hair is. I bought 12 pieces and it's totally not enough for my hair. (I have very thick hair) and it falls off your hair easily if you don't curl it up tight enough. But if you curl it too tight you're also worried about the maggi mee hair effect right? Well no worries, I tried curling it up REALLY TIGHT on a few locks of my hair, and the end result is only tighter curls for half an hour, but looser, sexier curls for another- well, lets give it 4 hours.
So it means that if you don't want to spray on hairspray/wax but still want the curls to mantain for at least 3 hours, I recommend curling it really tight up your hair and leaving it to dry or blowdry it.
another thing about this product is if you want to leave it over night on your wet hair, I find it very hard to sleep with them. you can't turn your head freely without waking up... Unless could sleep like a log.

But basically I find this product catogorised as a "not bad" product for me since there are times when I'm lazy to blowdry + curl my hair with a curling iron when I'm 3 hours away from work and I have other things to do, I just curl it up my hair and let it dry whilst I do my stuffs, when I'm almost finished I just let it down or blowdry it a little if it's still semi wet, and wa-llah. Curls! :D

Actually I bought those strawberries because they looked cute, if you can't find them, you could always use other stuff to do curls without using any heat at all!

Like...

Using a few hair bands and a little hair products

.

or if you run out of hair bands, just use one rubber band!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q9w5ERE5dA (copy and paste to your link bar to watch. can't embed this vid)

if you are super suay, rubber band also don't have, just use paper bags!




hope you find this helpful :)

2 Comments:

Blogger princessvenus said...

haha, thanks for writing this testi to share =D
I wanna buy 1 packet and try on my hair, hehe
anyway, the paper bag method looks so pro, haha

August 4, 2009 at 6:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ahh i love michelle phan's tutorial
her make-up damn chio =)

September 15, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home